12/6/09

FIN!!!

Holy shit.....

What a mind blowing week. I do not know how I completed all the work for all those classes.

I had two paintings, a report, and a presentation for color theory. A sculpture carved out of plaster (the size of a pringle can, I know this because I used a pringle can for my mold) showing concavity and erosion, mounted at an angle on a wood base, devoid of any wires showing, for my 3d design. A flash animation for digital presentation that went along with sound fx gathered by me (i didnt record my own but just pulled random sound FX off the internet and mixed them to a single track using audacity) as well as a functioning website displaying the three major projects from the class. In my gallery class I had to write a one page paper about a gallery I visited, and I also had to hang my art show.

The show included printing out show cards (which I displayed in a previous post), making a sign for the show, having enough quality work to actually put on the show in the first place (which fortunately I did), and because I had about 15 pieces that were being displayed and very little money I couldn't afford to buy frames, or have them framed professionally. So instead I bought some wood and headed out to Rachel's dad's house. We finished about three frames and then I had to leave to do work (not before I made him feed me). So he finished cutting and building the frames.Then because I had about a zillion things to do, I made Rachel paint every single frame.

Without the two of them, the show would not have gone up on time and I would have failed that class. So a... HUGE thank you to the two of them. (I have some pics of the show which I will post in the next couple of days)

AND, if that wasn't enough, I had a test on the evolution of man and genetics in my physical anthropology class, and a 7 page paper about sex and society of the chimpanzee. As well as a 12 page paper for philosophy of art dealing with theories on formalism and representationalism.

I still have two finals for anthro and philo next week but the rest of it is done and over with. I think every term I feel there will be no way for me to finish, but this term has been the worst. I would literally finish projects moments before class. There were many times where I was so tired I would just pass out, wake up a few minutes later and keep working. I had too many times where I was basically reduced to tears and panic. I can not begin to count how many times I had to stop and tell myself to get ahold of some sanity because freaking out was not going to do anything....

but... its finished. I did it... and for the most part I did it well. There were a few projects I just had to start cutting corners and editing my ideas, and I think it made the overall project worse,

but I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment